Over the years, there have been a wide variety of technologies which have been made available in the market. These products are highly advanced in terms of technical features which is on par with the technology of today.
Over the years, the IT industry has turned on to become one of the most sought-after industries in the world. There are a wide varietyof developments in the field with some of the prominent ones being app development, web app development, etc.
When we talk about website development, one of the most prominent tools is WordPress which helps you build great websites with rather no difficulty at all. In this article, we shall be talking about how WordPress can be installed on your computer using Server Avatar. It certainly isn’t rocket science and can be done with relative ease. Read on find out more!
How to install WordPress on unmanaged server?
To successfully install WordPress using Server avatar, you need to follow the steps which are mentioned in WPERA. It is very easy to follow and can be done with relative ease. Please note that we have made use of Digital Ocean and Big rock to come up with this tutorial.
Step #1: Create a server on Digital Ocean
You can easily sign up to Digital Ocean and can also get a sign on $10 Credit.
- Next, click on the “Create Droplet” Button. In other cases, you can also opt to click on the create Button which is of green color and is located on the top right corner and then, click on the droplet. This will land you on the Create droplets page.
- Next, click on Ubuntu 16.04 Image under a section which reads “Choose an Image”.
- You can then pick the exact size of your droplet. For most basic websites, a 1 GB RAM should be more than enough.
- You can also choose to enable backups in case you require them
- Next, choose the location of the server of your choice which again depends on the area of audience youare targeting.
- Finally, you will have to assign a name to your droplet and then, press on the “Create” button.
- Once you have successfully created a Droplet, you will then receive an email from Digital Oceanwhich will furnish you details such as server IP, User Name along with the Password as well. These are the details which may come in handy when you must connect with the server.
Step #2: You will now have to point your specific domain to the created server IP
In this step, you will successfully point your created domain to the server. You can do this by following these simple steps.
- Now it’s time to Point your domain to Server. To do that follow these simple steps.
- Begin off by successfully logging in to the control panel of your domain.
- Make sure you correctly select the name of the domain which you want to install WordPress in.
- Next, click on the name serves. After this, a small pop up window will come up which will consist of the name of the existing servers.
- These existing names will have to be renamed as
- Post this, simply press on the Update Name Servers button.
- Once this is done, you will have to go back to Digital Ocean and then select Networking.
- Upon successfully entering the name of your domain in the text field, you will have to press on the Add Domain button.
- Post this, you will have to click on the name of the domain to manage its DNS record. Upon doing so, you will be directed to the section which holds records of newly created DNS Records.
- You can now create DNS records as per your tastes.
Step #3: Install WordPress using serveravatar
One of the most important parts of the process is to installWordPress using server avatar is connecting the server. Once the server has been successfully created using Ubuntu 16.04, this process is initiated.
- First, go to the server avatar dashboard by successfully logging in.
- Next, click on the Add Server button which will then take you to an additional server page.
- Once you have entered your server name server IP address along with the root password, you can now click on the add server button. Sever Avatar will now work to configure your server and further install the software’s which are very much required. It should take a matter of just a few minutes.
- With the help of the server avatar dashboard, you can easily access the server.
Step #4: Install WordPress on unmanaged server with the help of Server Avatar
This is the stepwhich involves the installation of WordPress in the required domain. To do this, you will have to follow the following steps:
- Press on the serval panel of the server which is just created. It will take you to a dashboard where you can access options such as disk space, server memory, etc.
- You will then have to press on the create application button which will then take you to a new window
- You can now enter the name of both the domain and the application.
- If asked about Application type, select WordPress.
- Here, you can enter details such as Blog Title, Username, and the password and finally, select on Create Application.
Cheers! You have successfully managed to install WordPress on unmanaged server.